“Serve this slow-cooker tomato dip warm with assorted vegetable dippers or toasted baguette slices.”
- 1 (15 ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped ( ½ cup)
- ½ (6 ounce) can no-salt-added tomato paste ( ⅓ cup)
- 1½ teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
- 1½ teaspoons dried basil, crushed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar (see Tip)
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped, pitted ripe olives
- 5 cups assorted vegetable dippers (such as baby carrots or red pepper slices) or 30 toasted multi-grain baguette slices
- 1Stir together tomato sauce, drained tomatoes, onion, tomato paste, oregano, basil, garlic, sugar, and cayenne pepper in a 1½- or 2-quart slow cooker.
- 2Cover and cook on Low for 5 to 6 hours.
- 3Stir in olives. Serve warm with vegetable dippers or baguette slices.