Just a little bit of this briny, hearty relish packs tons of flavor into any dinner with ease. Dollop a little onto fish or chicken: the orange juice adds tang and a slight sweetness, while the zest and oregano both add a pop of color and a hint of freshness.
- 1 medium orange
- ½ cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ tablespoons capers, rinsed and smashed
- 1½ tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- Zest orange to get ¼ teaspoon. Slice both ends off the orange, then remove the peel and white pith. Working over a medium bowl, cut the segments from their surrounding membranes and squeeze any juice from the membranes. Stir in olives, oil, capers, shallot, oregano and the orange zest.